Who doesn’t love a fresh salad for summer? Today we are sharing one of our favorite Street Corn Salad recipes served with our cast iron- textured Foundry Bistro Bowls!
6 ears of corn
2 tbsp of butter
pinch of sugar
1/2 red onion
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp chili powder
juice from 1/2 a lime
salt to taste
Tajin to taste
1 cup cojita cheese
pinch of cilantro
Substitutions: You can swap Greek yogurt for the sour cream, red sweet pepper for the jalapeño, or feta cheese for the cojita cheese. Alter this recipe to YOUR taste buds! You can also swap fresh ears of corn for frozen.
Garlic Hack: Place unpeeled garlic bulb in a bouillon full of water. Heat for 30 seconds. It's hot, so be careful! Take out the bulb, cut the back end off by the roots, and use your knife to press and pop out the cloves!
Corn Hack: Use a large bowl and small bowl for this trick. Place your small bowl upside-down in your large one. Hold corn upright, standing on the small bowl, and cut kernels off. The large bowl with catch all of the flying pieces!
- Prep your ingredients, shuck the corner and cut all of the kernels off into the large bowl. Dice your onion, garlic, jalapeño, and place in separate bowl.
- In a skillet heated on Med-High, add butter and corn, sprinkle a pinch of sugar, cover with lid, stirring periodically for 10 minutes.
- While that's cooking, mix up your creamy sauce by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Set aside for later.
- Remove corn and let it cool.
- Mix your buttery sweet corn in a large bowl with the creamy sauce, onion, garlic, and jalapeño.
- Top with Tajin, cojita cheese, and cilantro when ready to serve. Delicious with chips or by the spoon!