Today we are serving the perfect big game recipe on Indigo! Feed your family this heavenly, cheesy spinach bread, and we promise this pull-apart, football-shaped appetizer will become a game day essential!
16 oz pizza dough
6 oz cream cheese
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 cup parmesan
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 string cheese sticks (optional)
1 tablespoon butter
Marinara for dipping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400º F, grease the baking sheet
- Roll out the dough, and divide into two 8 ounce sections. Shape each one into a football shape, you should have two footballs.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, spinach, seasonings, garlic, mozzarella and parmesan until well combined. You may need to microwave the mixture for the next step
- Place one dough football on baking sheet, and spread cheesy spinach mixture onto it evenly. Place the second dough football on top, lining them up evenly.
- Press together and cut two inch wide slits in the sides of your football, then twist the strips two times.
- Bake for 22 minutes, brush with butter when golden brown
- (Optional) Cut each cheese stick into three long strips. Use two for each end of the football and the rest to replicate middle stitching