You only need a few ingredients to make these irresistible Lemon Bars - and how good do they look on Terrace dinnerware?
They’re the best lemon bars and are perfect for picnics, bake sales, spring brunches and more. Simple to make, easy to enjoy!
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 eggs, room temp
1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9* pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter, sugar, flour, and salt for the crust. Mixture will come together like dough.
- Press shortbread dough into pan until it's in a flat, even layer.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the dough, and blind bake for 18-20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, sift the flour and sugar to get rid of clumps.
- In a separate bowl, beat the wet ingredient: eggs, lemon juice, and zest. Then add flour/sugar mixture to the wet ingredient until just combined
- Take the crust out of the oven, and reduce the temp to 325°F.
- Pour lemon layer on the crust, and bake for 20-25 minutes. The center should no longer jiggle
**Refrigerate overnight. Dust with powdered sugar, and serve!