Check out our recipe to learn how to make this delicious, customizable quiche! It is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for back to school, and you can customize it to your kiddos liking. Don’t forget to serve it up on our durable, kid-friendly dishes, Green Band!
Make sure your butter, cream cheese, and water is ice cold! If your dough gets warm and sticky, put it in the freezer for 15 minutes, and then try to roll it out again. If you want to skip making the dough from scratch, store bought pie crust will work just fine.
Before baking the pie crust, make sure to line the dough with parchment paper and fill the crust with dry beans or other weights to prevent the crust from puffing up.
1 and 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
3 ounce cream cheese, cubed
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cubed
1 and 1/2 tbsp cold water
1 and 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 large egg white (save the yolk)
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 large egg yolk
5 large eggs
3/4 tsp cracked pepper
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup roasted veggies
thyme for garnishing
Filling: Fill your customizable quiche with whatever sautéed veggies and meats you love! We used red onion, green pepper, broccoli, and grape tomatoes.
- Mix the first column of ingredients together and knead until a dough ball forms (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cream cheese, butter, water, and apple cider vinegar) *If dough is crumbly, add a sprinkle of cold water*
- Flatten dough ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Sprinkle flour on your rolling surface and flattened dough. Roll out your dough until it can properly cover your pie dish
- Place over pie dish, and freeze for 15 minutes
- Line frozen crust with parchment paper and fill the weight. Bake on 400ºF on the lowest rack for 40 minutes. Rotate halfway.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 large egg white and pinch of salt together until combined. Brush this onto your pie crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk heavy cream, whole milk, 3 tbsp all purpose flour, 1 large egg yolk, 5 large eggs, cracked pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup of grated cheese in the pie crust along with roasted veggies (or whatever you want, just precook veggies and/or meat before.)
- Pour egg mixture overtop of cheese and veggies in pie crust, and top with a little more grated cheese.
- Bake at 325ºF for 55-65 minutes
- Garnish thyme or whatever herbs you used in your filling, enjoy!